Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Patt 59 Denison

Article about: I've been touring the auctions in my area recently and picked up this nice condition Pattern 59 Denison, the printing on the label has faded and the date is either 1962 or 1982.....I'm guess

Default Patt 59 Denison

I've been touring the auctions in my area recently and picked up this nice condition Pattern 59 Denison, the printing on the label has faded and the date is either 1962 or 1982.....I'm guessing the latter but perhaps someone can give me a bit more info, the collar appears to have a wool lining and there are two inside pockets, is this an officers pattern ?..........ignore the rank insignia, they have been sewn on very badly with different shades of thread so doubtfull originality, that aside it is in very good condition with no fraying at the cuffs, no moth damage etc, you're comments welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Patt 59 Denison   Patt 59 Denison  

Patt 59 Denison   Patt 59 Denison  

Patt 59 Denison   Patt 59 Denison  

Patt 59 Denison  

A cool pick up if the price was right. Great for a display and a desirable item regardless of date.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A cool pick up if the price was right. Great for a display and a desirable item regardless of date.
    Thanks Jerry....I got it for £118 inclusive of the auctioneers premium so I'm happy with that.

I would have said the date was 1962. I think that by the 80s the Denisons were pretty much phased out.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I would have said the date was 1962. I think that by the 80s the Denisons were pretty much phased out.
    Hi Spitace, yeah that makes sense now I think about it, I have been doing a bit of research since my original post and you are dead on.........the Denison as issued was phased out by around 1977.........I'm even more pleased with it now....cheers.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I would have to agree with you as regards the date stamp mate. I joined up in 1981 (infantry) and remember seeing airborne in DPM and NOT the Denison "brush" pattern shown on this jump smock.
    DPM started coming into service in the late 1960s/early 1970's.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 03-28-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Addition

Ha, I saw that and would have bid £150 but registering was too much hassle, so it worked out well for you! It's definitely 1962 and is the first print of the 59 model, similiar in style to WW2 but more yellowy in colour. They stopped using this print about 1963. The maker is BMC, a company nobody seems to know anything about. It's a standard, all ranks pattern, a nice example.