Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?

Article about: The misses and I were out for a drive yesterday and stopped at a little junk store on the side of the road and had a little look I picked up a few interesting items which will be posted in o

?

Default Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?

The misses and I were out for a drive yesterday and stopped at a little junk store on the side of the road and had a little look I picked up a few interesting items which will be posted in other threads .
    Hanging on the back wall behind the counter I noticed this little gem and asked the owner if he would pull it down for me so I could check it out I was fully expecting a Canadian Airborne Beret Imagine my surprise when he handed it over for me to look at and it was a vintage Beret manufactured in England we quickly agreed on a very reasonable price and I left smiling ear to ear .
    Upon arriving back home I tried to research the manufacture last night and this morning with no luck what so ever and finally contacted a forum member that has a lot of experiance with British Para Items .
    He feels that this is a private purchase post war manufactured Beret in the WWII style dating from the 1950's or the 1960's (As there is no provision manufactured in the beret for a slider style of cap badge ) It has been well constructed and shows many of the same characteristics as the Kango Brand war time berets or very early post war variants.
    In photo 1 and 2 you can see were there was pin back style cap badge attached to the beret at one time. As I do not have a KC British para badge in my collection to display on this beret I have displayed my 1 CAN PARA BAT cap badge on it for the time being as they seem to work well together .
    Any and all comments are welcome.

Kind regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?   Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?  

Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?   Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?  

Default Re: Post War Private Purchase Para Beret ?

I agree, probably a postwar beret - but its nice - the badge looks great.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve for display purposes it will do nicely till I can find a war time manufactured Beret and a early Post war KC para badge for this one .

Regards Mark K

I've been looking around for something like this for a while, as I have
    a British Para badge that needs a beret too........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Cool pick up and your badge looks good on it. It does not look like it had a British para badge on it from the marks left from where it was IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Steve I near fell over when he told me he only wanted $10.00 for it I did not even try talking him down in price.

Regards Mark K

?

I think you are right Jerry there were no holes in it for the lugs the impression in the wool is quite small approx 1 1/2 high by 1 inch wide I may never know what was on it for shur.

Regards Mark K