Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF dress tunic with para wings?

Article about: Hello dear member, i found that tunic in a second hand store, i'm not a canadian militaria collector,but i had a good feeling with this one and could not let it there can you give me informa

Default RCAF dress tunic with para wings?

Hello dear member,

i found that tunic in a second hand store,

i'm not a canadian militaria collector,but i had a good feeling with this one and could not let it there

can you give me informations about it ?

it is not my field at all

but here is what i think :

flight sergent tunic with a para badge from the rcaf

can you tell me exactly what it is and if it's a rare configuration?

thank you for your help again

RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?RCAF dress tunic with para wings?

I don't know for sure but but according to the book 'Prelude to Glory' by Maurice Newnham after 22nd July 1944 various reserve Aircrews were given Parachute training at Ringway as they had nothing else to do at the time. Troops included Americans,Canadians,Belgians (and conscientous objectors).

Also members of the RAF run Parachute Training School jumped operationally sometimes including Arnhem.
    I know from the book that trainers wings were not issued during ww2 .

Just looked at it again and the coat has a NATO stock number so produced well after the war so my post above is a bit irrelevant.

WWII RAF Pilots wings and raf regiment Para wings on a modernish rcaf ors tunic....probably a put together imo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

King's crown mixed with Queen's crown.

?

Too much wrong with this tunic. Hope you didnt pay too much. Put together. Worth £20 maybe