Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Standard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOE

Article about: this item came out of an old SOE collection, still unsure of what it's function is. This is marked by a well known lighter maker, so it does really conceal the items inside. If anyone has an

?

Default Standard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOE

this item came out of an old SOE collection, still unsure of what it's function is.
    This is marked by a well known lighter maker, so it does really conceal the items inside.

If anyone has any idea what it is for, I would love to hear your ideas.

Dean O
    Canada

Standard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOEStandard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOEStandard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOEStandard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOEStandard WW2 Lighter, I think not, perhaps SOE

Its a lighter.

COLIBRI

?

OK, I know it is a lighter, however why are the other parts hidden in the bottom of it, the large brass piece as well as the 2 differant sized split pin, not to mention the bit that looks like a firing pin, and as you can see 3 grooves near the bottom, I have researched these lighters, but have never seen these hidden items before..and the spring stops the other items from rattling around...so RKKAFAN please explain those items.

Dean
    Canada

Lock picks, of some sort? Although,perhaps,....the brass bit could be assembled into a compass balancing the one pin in the center hole and balancing the other on it? Brass would be needed, of course, to get around being magnetized by the small bits...

A disgustingly tiny and un-enlargeable photo of a similar looking lighter is displayed on this page with the caption of it having a tiny compass concealed in it. The escape and evasion material for Allied airmen
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definitely a firing pin and bolt part .

I was thinking also parts look like a firing pin and bolt part