Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Strange parachute wings badge?

Article about: Wow, that's detailed information indeed. Thank you very much Luc and Adrian! I'm in Normandy at the moment. Visited Pegasus Bridge yesterday and today I'm heading for Ste-Mère-Eglise. Greeti

Default Strange parachute wings badge?

Gentlemen,

Let me show you my 'strange' para wings.
    Look at the strange knots on the chords!
    I purchased this a long time ago and I like to know is it britisch and from the ww2 era?

Greetings from the lowlands,

Marinus

Strange parachute wings badge? Strange parachute wings badge?

?

It's a pretty decent replica of this pattern. The knots are sometimes found on parawings but also on the lightbulb badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange parachute wings badge?  

I know who made these, a friend of mine called Trevor Bate. He used to trade as "Airborne Militaria". He had them done in India about 15 to 18 years ago. They sold for £1.50 trade price. Retail £3.50 He sold them as copies. I bought a pair for re-enactment use. The backing was made from a badly mothed pair of wartime BD trousers which he cut up. Many well known dealers bought them and passed them as "real". You could go to a show and see Trev's stall and further down the line the same wings via some of the London dealers for £20.....He used to have all kinds of cloth and metal insignia made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I know who made these, a friend of mine called Trevor Bate. He used to trade as "Airborne Militaria". He had them done in India about 15 to 18 years ago. They sold for £1.50 trade price. Retail £3.50 He sold them as copies. I bought a pair for re-enactment use. The backing was made from a badly mothed pair of wartime BD trousers which he cut up. Many well known dealers bought them and passed them as "real". You could go to a show and see Trev's stall and further down the line the same wings via some of the London dealers for £20.....He used to have all kinds of cloth and metal insignia made.

Cheers, Ade.
    That's about as good and conclusive information that anyone can get! Cheers Ade. Leon.

Wow, that's detailed information indeed.
    Thank you very much Luc and Adrian!

I'm in Normandy at the moment.
    Visited Pegasus Bridge yesterday and today I'm heading for Ste-Mère-Eglise.

Greetings, Marinus