Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taylor Witness Dagger

Article about: I have been told that Taylor Witness Daggers were either issued or privately purchased by US airborne units during WW2. They are UK made in Sheffield & I can remember knives of this styl

Default Taylor Witness Dagger

I have been told that Taylor Witness Daggers were either issued or privately purchased by US airborne units during WW2. They are UK made in Sheffield & I can remember knives of this style in the boy scouts the 60's. Can anyone throw any light this?

Taylor Witness DaggerTaylor Witness DaggerTaylor Witness Dagger

?

Don't know anything about them but it is a good looking fighting knife.

cheers steve.

the boy scouts ones were bowie type not double edged like that.nice one

Yes in the scouts we had sheath knives not daggers!

The small flat on the blade at the guard makes me believe it is manufactured around the time of WW II. It is similar to the FS fighting knife second pattern. I believe this indicated that it was a forged and hand ground blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for your input Ralf, this was purchased with other authentic WW2 items. They were the property of a veteran who recently died.

?

I have one also it was given to me by the vet that bought it on England and carried
    it through the war. Mine is posted somewhere on here. Great looking dagger. Gary

Thank you RH1941, Was your vet ex -Airborne? It seems possible that US airborne troops may have favoured this light compact dagger as a defence weapon. thanks for the info.

?

No he was in signals sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast