Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Thrift Store Find

Article about: Amongst the other clothing I pulled out this smock, sadly the wings have been removed, but can still see where it was, also label is washed out else I suspect it would have been correctly ID

?

Default Thrift Store Find

Amongst the other clothing I pulled out this smock, sadly the wings have been removed, but can still see where it was, also label is washed out else I suspect it would have been correctly ID'd. Asking price was $40 Thrift Store FindThrift Store FindThrift Store FindThrift Store Find

Can you see a WD stamp in it with a letter after it? you can also date it from that

?

sadly the wd stamp is gone too....all brass poppers though

Even in this day and age I still find some of my best bargains and garage sales and 2nd hand stores, should keep this a well guarded secret!!!

?

always worth checking out any junk store! my wife hates it lol oops

and just to add the wings would be Canadian Airborne on the chest

Bargain even if it should prove to be the so called 46 pattern. I wish.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hey Jerry, am not up on the patterns of smocks aside from the obvious, the lineage is very cool. Do you think this could be a 46 pattern?

Quote by JohnF View Post
    Hey Jerry, am not up on the patterns of smocks aside from the obvious, the lineage is very cool. Do you think this could be a 46 pattern?
    probably not as you mentioned it has all brass newey snaps, but they are identical to the mid war 2nd pattern and even some of the post war examples have the brass snaps. It all comes down to the label, its placement and what it says, but it looks good for a late WWII "2nd pattern".

Either way an absolute bargain, I wish I could find one for three times that price and I would still be happy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.