MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US Special Forces Beret

Article about: I thought I might share this beret is attributed to a member that served with the US 20th Special Forces Group ( SFG )... With some help from the gents over at the US Military Forum it has b

?

Default US Special Forces Beret

I thought I might share this beret is attributed to a member that served with the US 20th Special Forces Group ( SFG )...
    With some help from the gents over at the US Military Forum it has been determined that the 20th SFGA with white border was adopted on the 8th of May 1973..
    This particular example shows great wear and and age and has that been there done that look I like so much in my headgear the cap badge is nicely marked D 22 on the reverse side which puts the age somewhere in the mid to late 1960's...
    The beret itself is a private purchase example which as of yet the producer has not been 100% identified but there are a couple of possibilities and both are known to have been used by ( SFG's )

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Special Forces Beret   US Special Forces Beret  

US Special Forces Beret   US Special Forces Beret  

?

Very nice beret these wartime ones are getting very hard to find. Yours has some good character to it as well