Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,

Article about: Looking for opinions & comments on this knife & scabbard,,,thanks in advance for all replies,,pommel is held on by a pin through the side and looks to be marked with a "4"

Default v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,

Looking for opinions & comments on this knife & scabbard,,,thanks in advance for all replies,,pommel is held on by a pin through the side and looks to be marked with a "4" also,,,,robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,   v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,  

v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,   v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,  

Attached Images Attached Images v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,, 

Default Re: v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,

More pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,   v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,  

v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,  

?

Very interesting example. I own the 1998 Case reproduction which has the name engraved in the ricasso. If i'm not mistaken, I think the originals have the name etched rather than engraved. Is the blade double hollow ground like the originals? My reproduction lacks this important detail, as well as lacking the pin in the pommel. You could try running a small magnet against the crossguard to see if it is magnetic (steel). While it is steel on my repro, I seem to recall the crossguards are aluminum on originals. I'm sure a lucky owner of an original will correct me if I'm off the mark. The ageing of this knife doesn't seem consistent with the condition of the scabbard.

?

I'm posting photos from my archives to help you compare details. I think I'm incorrect about the engraved vs. etched name issue. You decide.These are all as far as I can tell, original knives.

v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture v-42 COMMANDO KNIFE,,,  

is a modern reproduced copy by case.. nice example, but i wouldn't say the war time real deal sadly