Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Airborne battledress

Article about: Hi guys picked this battledress up very cheaply very recently i think its a repro but not sure it is in too good condition.Has reconnaissansce corps titles printed pegasus and printed airbor

Default WW2 Airborne battledress

Hi guys picked this battledress up very cheaply very recently i think its a repro but not sure it is in too good condition.Has reconnaissansce corps titles printed pegasus and printed airborne title.The label says battledress blouse 1940 pattern size no13 then the sizes l.j.& j.Mendes ltd 1944.Can anybody enlighten me with their wealth of knowledge please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Airborne battledress   WW2 Airborne battledress  

WW2 Airborne battledress  

Default Re: WW2 Airborne battledress

the blouse looks ok (could do with a few more photos) but i think the pegasus are repros..not shure on the titles. they look identical to a set i used to wear while re-enacting.. i think if i remember right they came from soldier of fortune

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Hi guys picked this battledress up very cheaply very recently i think its a repro but not sure it is in too good condition.Has reconnaissansce corps titles printed pegasus and printed airborne title.The label says battledress blouse 1940 pattern size no13 then the sizes l.j.& j.Mendes ltd 1944.Can anybody enlighten me with their wealth of knowledge please.
    I'm not an expert, but I have a lot of U.S. field gear, as in 2 m-43 field jackets, 1 m-51 field jacket, a usmc Korean war poncho, a Korean war long field coat, 2 ww2 uniforms- battle dress, but the tag looks real, but never have seen that paticular co., but that doesnt mean anything. so I guess someone who knows more than I do needs to fill you in.

Original BD with repro insignia.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes this has repro insignia. There are people out there that sell these original battle dress tunics and offer to stich in the repro Airborne insignia.
    I'm interested in buying a Canadian battle dress similar to this one, prefferably with everything original.
    Regards,
    Finn

?

I think those titles might actually be original? I don't suppose you have a close up? The Pegasus and airborne strips are replicas indeed.