Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this liner ww2 period or post? rare or common? thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal

Hello
    what are your thoughts on this liner
    ww2 period or post?
    rare or common?
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal   Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal  

Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal   Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal  

Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal   Ww2 airborne helmet liner 504th triple decal  

liner is wattime, but with a 50s-60s paint job.. these helmet stickers were mostly used in those periods.

Greetings Tony,

I agree with what has already been said (WWII Liner with Post WWII Paint/stickers). I did have a thought as to the liner’s Blue color. Each of the three (originally three) Infantry Battalions of the 504th were referred to as “Red Devils” (1st Bn), “White Devils” (2nd Bn), “Blue Devils” (3rd BN). Perhaps/maybe the liner's “Blue” color was used by the 3rd Battalion’s Color Guard, possible demonstration team, or even Staff Duty NCO. It’s just a guess on my part, based upon the unit’s blue color designation. Currently, there is no 3rd BN (deactivated 15 January 2006) in the 504th, it has since been replaced by a Cavalry Squadron (3rd Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment).

Regards,

Lance

?

Hello
    thank you very much for the info very interesting
    much apprecaited
    Tony