Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 airborne overseas cap

Article about: I have had this OS cap for a long time. It had imprints from the small single parachute patch and the larger late war one. I had a small felt patch i put on it. Its very faded and moth eaten

Default WW2 airborne overseas cap

I have had this OS cap for a long time. It had imprints from the small single parachute patch and the larger late war one. I had a small felt patch i put on it. Its very faded and moth eaten the blue piping is greyish now. Has silk interior and leather band. A small tag that has F - 4746 is in it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 airborne overseas cap   WW2 airborne overseas cap  

?

No way to tell if original or not sir.

Gidday J damaso

Any Garrison cap patches with a parachute machine embroidered on felt with a lt blue background ,which I believe this is, would be regarded as WWII era.

These would of been issued before the Airborne and Glider Infantry Cap Insignia merged-some say due to the in house fighting between Airborne and Glider Borne troops.

There are literally hundreds of different variations and branch colours.

The F - 4746 is the laundry marking F is last letter of the name and 4746 is part of serial number.

I know you can find the name of the individual but do not know where you have to look.

Early WWII

WW2 airborne overseas capWW2 airborne overseas cap

Combined WWII

WW2 airborne overseas capWW2 airborne overseas cap

Phill