Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Para Wings - Real or Fake ?

Article about: Gents, could I call on your knowledge to help me out with a pair of supposedly WW2 British Para Wings. I have looked at the direction of the stitching on the wings (my understanding is that

?

Default WW2 British Para Wings - Real or Fake ?

Gents, could I call on your knowledge to help me out with a pair of supposedly WW2 British Para Wings.

I have looked at the direction of the stitching on the wings (my understanding is that this should be horizontal and not angled) and it looks good to me. I have also checked a thread with a burn test, the thread disappears when burnt and does no bead like a synthetic thread would. My problem is is that the last test under a UV light made it light up like a Christmas tree on both sides. I have always been told that no WW2 era wings who should be affected by UV. I think it may be a duff but comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WW2 British Para Wings - Real or Fake ?WW2 British Para Wings - Real or Fake ?

Default Re: WW2 British Para Wings - Real or Fake ?

Hi, it does not match up with an known repro I am aware of?

Bear mind mind a couple of factors:

1) It may well have been washed in modern detergent, which will make it glow.

2) Might be original but later post war production.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!