Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Commando items.

Article about: Picked this lot up today a commando knife i suspect is post war and commando certificate of service which i guess is quite rare the photograph is a copy as the son wanted to keep the photo o

Default WW2 Commando items.

Picked this lot up today a commando knife i suspect is post war and commando certificate of service which i guess is quite rare the photograph is a copy as the son wanted to keep the photo of his dad he is the cpl front right centre of the group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Commando items.   WW2 Commando items.  

WW2 Commando items.   WW2 Commando items.  

The tip of scabbard is rounded and looks like copper has one stud to rear holding it there.Does this point to being postwar because the guy left the commando on 1946 would the change in design of knife happen so soon after 1945?

Just found him mentioned on a website 4 commando 1 section b sub? Anybody have anymore info for me please

The crossguard looks quite thick which is typical of wartime versions, and it looks to have a number on the the end of the handle towards the pommel which is typical for wartime versions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry was going on the sheath as should it have staples and not a stud? Maybe a postwar sheath?