Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 medal grouping and documents 1st airborne

Article about: Thought id share this group i picked up recently to John Frederick Richard Church Royal signals 2588376 looks like from the paperwork he finished his career with the 1st Airborne signals.His

Default Re: WW2 medal grouping and documents 1st airborne

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It amazes me how much info you can pull from things like this. You are to British militaria what Andreas is to German militaria.
    I think that might be a little extreme, but thanks

Incidentally, here is a good website I found on Air Formation Signals: Welcome - Air Formation Signals

It links to this, which is cool too, and has great shots of Linemen working: Air Formation Signals in Normandy 1944.flv - YouTube

Rob

Rob awesome thank you these are very interesting to me so are keepers 107 maintenance unit RAF is mentioned in his medical part for dentures! I would also assume from that he was serving with a squadron attatched to them in Kasfareet Egypt as is dated 15/9/42.

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Rob awesome thank you these are very interesting to me so are keepers 107 maintenance unit RAF is mentioned in his medical part for dentures! I would also assume from that he was serving with a squadron attatched to them in Kasfareet Egypt as is dated 15/9/42.
    You're welcome It turned out to be a very interesting group.

Yes, the medical reference would make perfect sense, and must date from his time with 3rd AF Sigs in the Egypt canal zone. Kasfareet Airfield (known as RAF Kasfareet) was just north of Suez (Kasfareet Airfield, Egypt - Satellite View), pretty much right on the Suez Canal itself, and would have been a central point for their work. He must have used the RAF facilities there to have his false teeth repaired

Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2