Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 'style' British Para Helmet.

Article about: Hello chaps, just spotted this on e-bay. WW2 'style' but with a 1944 dated CcL liner. The seller appears very reticent however in saying what he actually thinks it is and at 50 with 3 days

Default WW2 'style' British Para Helmet.

Hello chaps,

just spotted this on e-bay. WW2 'style' but with a 1944 dated CcL liner.

Name:  para1.JPG
Views: 757
Size:  10.6 KBName:  para2.JPG
Views: 1641
Size:  14.3 KBName:  para3.JPG
Views: 1284
Size:  11.6 KB

The seller appears very reticent however in saying what he actually thinks it is and at 50 with 3 days to go and no bids I assume there is a reason.

'Please request more pic's or ask any questions prior to bidding to save any issues at a later date. Is another line that would not exactly give a buyer much encouragemen either!

Out of interest, what are your views?

Cheers,

Ian.

Default Re: WW2 'style' British Para Helmet.

The main red flag to me, is the fact that he is selling a load of other military items and knows exactly what they are. So by saying "style" he knows its not and just covering his back. That's how i'd approach it but i may be wrong.

Also, all his other items are priced accordingly, however this one is priced much lower than its worth. Doesn't add up in my eyes.

My thoughts exactly edelweiss. I'm not actually looking for a Para helmet as they are well out of what I can afford and I have have my sights on a nice Mk 2 but came across it earlier. I thought it may be a nice post in which the experts with the discerning eye can throw out a few pointers to novices like myself.

?

Hi Ian, This one has been covered on the helmet section, British para steel helmet. CCL made liners for the HSAT (Helmet, Steel, Airbourne, Troops ) but only post war in the 50's & 60's.BMB was the only producer of the Mk2 HSAT in WW2, so it's now not one thing or the other. Not WW2 or an unmessed with post war HSAT, which is a shame for people who collect post war ones.

?

Post war ... doctored date

Yikes, it went for 250 in the end.

?

I thought it might go for about 120 with an re-enactor in mind, but 250 sounds like someone thinks he's got a bargain WW2 para helmet.