Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock

Article about: Here are a pair of oxygen bottles and an aircraft clock, all Air Ministry marked for you. There is blue and red decal on the clip of one bottle, looks like a pair of wings. Does anyone know

?

Default 2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock

Here are a pair of oxygen bottles and an aircraft clock, all Air Ministry marked for you. There is blue and red decal on the clip of one bottle, looks like a pair of wings. Does anyone know what the decal is . If better photos are required just ask. Would these bottles been used in Mosquitos.2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock

?

Interesting items.

Nice clock - a "time-of-flight" clock I believe, used in Lancs and other heavy bombers.

Here is mine ( with yours on the screen in the background )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Air Ministry walk about oxygen bottles and clock  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

These were emergency 'bail out' bottle or emergency bottle for use in moving in a stricken aircraft to deal with structural or fire emergencies at altitude untethered from the main aircraft O2 supply system. Very short duration 5 mins or so. These are missing the webbing carry sleeve and strap. Likely not used in a mossie, more typically heavy bombers. You don't have a good picture of the decal so hard to say what it is. The ones I've had do not have a decal in that location - could be there for any reason by anyone over the last 70 years.

?

Thanks for all the info guys, I thought they may have been used in Mosquitos as I believe they were owned by a member of 409 squadron flying from Carpiquet. The decal looks like a globe and I can make out the word Phoenix in it.