Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.

Article about: Hello, I bought these two british instruments at the flea market. I believe one is airspeed indicator and the second one is flap gauge instrument. Can anyone help me identify these two. Whic

Default Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.

Hello,

I bought these two british instruments at the flea market.
    I believe one is airspeed indicator and the second one is flap gauge instrument. Can anyone help me identify these two. Which aircraft?
    Airspeed indicator symbols: MK18, REF N A/7022
    No 6?888, MUNRO.
    Back: AS/10A/404, P arrow S
    Flap gauge instrument:
    on the back: DOWTY EQUIPMENT LTD. CHELTENHAM

I will deeply appreciate any comments. Thank you
    Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.   Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.  

Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.   Aircraft cockpit instruments I.D.  

Not much help i know, but i reckon the airspeed indicator is from an early jet, i don't think a gauge from a piston engined plane would read to 700 knots!..
    You could try sending an email!....Munro Instruments Limited

Gunny Hartmann, Thank you for your comment. Early jet for sure, just wonder which one. Thank you for the link. This is a good idea to contact Munro Instruments Limited. Once again, thank you.

Regards
    Alex

Hello,

I have received a reply from Munro Instruments. They no longer manufacture air speed indicators. They are unable to identify the aircraft type, however Munro provided a bit of information( By the way, Thank you Edmund from Munro Instruments, I really appreciate your help!)
    A number of air speed indicators were supplied to the Naval Wing of the Royal Flying Corps prior to the WW1. Shortly before hostilities commenced, a large order was placed by the Royal Naval Air Service. During the war, the company's productive capacity was primarily focussed on air speed indicators, and there was close collaboration with the Royal Aircraft Factory (later the Royal Aircraft Establishment, at Farnborough, where new instruments were inspected and tested prior to approval.
    I have decided to share with you this interesting information. I will continue my research.

Kind Regards
    Alex

It might not be helpful here, but I often use the airliners.net photo search engine to identify instruments.

I check the flight deck/cockpit search parameter and try a few different aircraft if I've narrowed it down to just a few probables.

Cheers, Willie.

Willie, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try.

Kind Regards
    Alex