Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Aircraft: Rumpler Taube

Article about: Source: The Museum of Flight Rumpler Taube (Dove) Reproduction When German glider pioneer Otto Lilienthal died in a flying accident in 1896, an Austrian named Ignaz Etrich acquired two of hi

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: Aircraft: Rumpler Taube

Quote by Steven M View Post
    For those of you who are familiar with Imperial Prussian and Bavarian Pilot Badges, you will have seen this aircraft many times gracing this badge/award.
    There was even Jewelry made featuring the Taube. Here is my "Sweetheart Pin" That a pilot gave his girlfriend - around WW 1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft: Rumpler Taube  

Thanks all. I have a period post card and small medal for the National Flugspende in 1912 that features a Taube in the graphics. There were much more airworthy aircraft of the period, but this is probably my favorite German "aeroplane".
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Super feature on this 'beautiful' aircraft, i believe the aircraft was manouvered by its controls simply 'bending' the wing slightly up and down !

Quote by oradour View Post
    Super feature on this 'beautiful' aircraft, i believe the aircraft was manouvered by its controls simply 'bending' the wing slightly up and down !
    Howdy, thanks. You are correct, the control surfaces were indeed manipulated by wing warping, just like the Wright brothers plane. These early builders made use of what they saw in nature, not only something as simple and obscure as a seed, but also observed the way that birds manipulated their wings during flight.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very nice pin, Bob.
    Tom

What an interesting thread! You've done much to promote WWI aviation on this forum & I thank you for it.

Quote by schnellmann View Post
    I do not know what happened to my "Sweetheart Pin" so I will post it again. It is Sterling Silver - a nice item. I do not understand why my foto will not down load right. It is a jpeg.
    Thank you for adding this. I saw one of these on a German site and would have liked to had it...but not for what they wanted.

BTW...I still cannot see the photo in the thread but I can see it when I click on it. I tried fixing it before Ade did today...but I can't get it to show for some reason??

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by CThomas View Post
    What an interesting thread! You've done much to promote WWI aviation on this forum & I thank you for it.
    ....Thank you. It is a labor of love I guess,. But I am just one of the wheel covers on the Rolls Royce...if you know what I mean.

Without you guys posting and having these fabulous groups here, I couldn't do it on my own. It is a pleasure and a joy to do whatever I can to ensure that this part of history doesn't go the way of the dinosaur.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hallo friends!

Very interesting tread about famous shaped aeroplane "Taube". Also the so call sweethart pin, wich is on the service tunic of my grandfather served in Vienna in 1917-1918. I am asking myself whoom did he gave it? I vould like to have it but I saw it here for the firsttime.

Anyway,i hope this picture belong to this tread, if not , please remove.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aircraft: Rumpler Taube  

That is a very interesting photo! Thanks for showing it. Maybe this badge is something more than "just" a sweetheart??

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast