Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic

Article about: I recently got this large piece in the mail from Stalingrad. Luftwaffe aircraft skin fragments are my weakness LoL. Judging by the lettering on the piece it is defiantly German, but as with

Default Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic

I recently got this large piece in the mail from Stalingrad. Luftwaffe aircraft skin fragments are my weakness LoL. Judging by the lettering on the piece it is defiantly German, but as with most aircraft relics this requires more research. So here are my questions. #1 What was the purpose of this section? #2 What plane is this off of? Ive roughly translated the visible wording to 'injected' My guess is that its referring to the port on the top section as some type of injection port. I know these aircraft relics can be hard to ID, but im hoping some members might know something about it. I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards- Jarret

Another Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relic

The teardrop shape is the outline of a blister that (could) have surrounded the base of the antenna mast - therefore at the top of the fuselage behind the canopy or on the side of the nose in a night fighter ........or even the base of a navigation light!?

Just a wild stab to get things moving....
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The lettering looks a bit postwar. The structure does look wartime.

?

Nvm what i had posted was wrong
    Currently looking through my book at engines of luftwaffe planes from 1939-1943 due to the word inject
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The teardrop shape is the outline of a blister that (could) have surrounded the base of the antenna mast - therefore at the top of the fuselage behind the canopy or on the side of the nose in a night fighter ........or even the base of a navigation light!?

Just a wild stab to get things moving....
    Dan
    Once again you provide VERY helpful information Danmark. Thank you so much for these theories. This piece does resemble the sections in the photos you posted. Unfortunately this relic was slightly damaged during the shipping process. The right side wasn't folded in that much. Just one of the factors of international shipping I suppose. Thanks again for the information, and photos. I believe you are steering the research of this piece into the right direction.

Best regards- Jarret
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 04-10-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Nvm what i had posted was wrong
    Currently looking through my book at engines of luftwaffe planes from 1939-1943 due to the word inject
    Thank you!! I cant wait to see what results you may find. May I ask what books you are looking at? I'm currently trying to buy more Luftwaffe aircraft reverence books so I can enhance my knowledge of the subject.

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by ian_ View Post
    The lettering looks a bit postwar. The structure does look wartime.
    The wording being postwar honesty never crossed my mind. It just has that look that screamed 'authentic' to me LoL. But as I said before im still learning the ropes when it comes to these aircraft parts, so it could very well be post war.

Best regards- Jarret
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 04-09-2018 at 06:10 AM.

?

Another Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relic
    The book i am looking at is called warplanes of the Luftwaffe, its a old book my dad gave me. It does sometimes show these very nice skeleton diagrams but only for more common aircraft

Another Luftwaffe aircraft relic
    If you want a really good in depth look though at bf109s in case you ever get a relic part from them. I would recommend the haynes manual for it

?

This morning I was playing a ww2 video game called war thunder . On the bottom of bf-109 F-4 there are two tear drop shape behind the landing wheels. The bf-109 F-4 was a very common variant in 1941-42. Since that area of the plane would have a lot of mechanical parts . Injection might make sense?
    Another Luftwaffe aircraft relicAnother Luftwaffe aircraft relic

MAP
    ?

Nice piece Jarret. It might help the guys if you can give some approximate size estimates of the skin and the teardrop section
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast