Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....

Article about: Some more photos from my recent visit to Canberra..... Annoyed from this ads?   Bob

Default Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....

Some more photos from my recent visit to Canberra.....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....   Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....  

Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....   Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....  

Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....   Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....  

Nice shots Bob. Are the WW1 armored vehicles displayed there these days? as they where in that gallery

The Memorial does a guided tour every 15 minutes or so, and there is a tremendous short film that is shown in the 1st World War aircraft section,
    which was made by Sir Peter Jackson, and shows a superbly recreated aerial dogfight which is absolutely brilliant. I don't know how they did it, as
    all of the aircraft in the film look real. The Memorial is losing money in that... if they decided to sell this short movie on DVD I think it would go like
    hot cakes, my attempt to capture a couple of the clips may give a slight idea of how good the movie is....(the clip is around 15 to 20 minutes long).

Best wishes

Bob

- - ------- - -

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice shots Bob. Are the WW1 armored vehicles displayed there these days? as they where in that gallery
    I didn't notice them mate, possibly back in storage...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....   Australian War Memorial, 1st World War aicraft displays....