Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

Article about: Start one of my Dambuster / Air War Europe Tours tomorrow so it will be great to discuss the 2 Lancs Flying together with the clients whilst we are away !! Must admit it's a shame that the G

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Any idea where the money will go from the auctioning of the seat? My wife just asked me when I told her that the seat was being auctioned off, she wants it to go to an ex service men's charity which I reckon would be a great idea.
    Not sure Dave but maybe it will go towards keeping her in the air and visiting other countries around the world.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The Money will go to the Avation collection they have in Hamilton, They have many flying WW2 Aircraft. I would think that the money raised would cover the fuel!!.
    You can check out their website, it is the CWH or Canadian Warplane Heritage based in Hamilton Ontario Canada.

They do "sell" other shirt flights in the Lanc as well as in the Harvards.
    In the summer I see he Lanc fly over my place once in awhile..I always gear it first. then run outside like a Kid that hears the Ice Cream Truck!!!

If you bid and win, you have to take a 2 day course in Hamilton, and find your own place to stay while you are there, you also have to pay your own way back to Canada..I guess that if you can afford the flight, you can afford the other costs.
    This is the only time this A/C will leave Canada, and as a Side note, this A/C survived a hanger fire some years ago, they could only save one A/C so they pulled the Lanc out, they lost their Spit and other A/C

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Thanks Nick and Dean, I think putting the money towards the upkeep of the aeroplane and the museum is fair enough, that's a good cause. Cheers boys.

?

Just found out that on June 14 this year Our Lanc will be flying with the last flying Mosquito at the Hamilton Airshow!!!!

I have to see that!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

I saw the Phantom when it was the city of Lincoln fly over a field near me when I was walking the dogs and I went to see Just Jane last year I think.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    ...and with terrifying nose art...well for the Germans !
    Another great image of the nose art:

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Another great image of the nose art:

Indeed Stefan! I use that image as my Facebook timeline photo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Tickets booked for Sywell on 17th August!!

https://twitter.com/SywellAirshow/st...106112/photo/1

Let me know if any of you guys will be there and we can meet up

Nick

A day late due to No2 engine problem , she is on her way to the UK ! Godspeed!!

See you on 17th August!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!   Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!  

?

Well where is the Canadian One tat to fly across the Pond????

Dean O

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast