Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

Article about: Start one of my Dambuster / Air War Europe Tours tomorrow so it will be great to discuss the 2 Lancs Flying together with the clients whilst we are away !! Must admit it's a shame that the G

?

Start one of my Dambuster / Air War Europe Tours tomorrow so it will be great to discuss the 2 Lancs Flying together with the clients whilst we are away !!

Must admit it's a shame that the Grand old Lady of the surviving Lancs S for Sugar is not airworthy , Avro Lancaster R5868/`PO-S' (S for Sugar) first Lanc to complete 100 Ops and completed 137 in total , now at Hendon for those who don't know !!

Good luck with the tour Paul!

Yes it would be amazing to see the Hendon Lanc in the air!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

For those unable to attend any of the shows, here is a short but superb video posted on the BBC site regarding the two Lancasters.

BBC News - Lancaster bombers fly in tandem over Lincolnshire

?

Great to see, Thank you for posting it!!!

On a side note, I felt a sense of irony as the ad I had to watch before seeing the video was for a VW

Dean O

Just want to add these as they popped up on facebook.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!   Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!  

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!   Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!  

Veteran Lancaster Captain Ron Homes,who was only 21 when he flew his last ww2 mission,said yesterday seeing the two Lancs together brought "a flutter to his heart",picture taken at Biggin Hill........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!  

Here are a handful of photos I took at the Clacton Airshow this afternoon...

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!! Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!! Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!

?

Imagine the sight of a 1000 bomber raid !!!

?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Imagine the sight of a 1000 bomber raid !!!
    And the sound...

After two thwarted attempts and hundreds of miles of travel I finally got to see these beauties at Lake Windermere!

Simply awesome!!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Lanc to visit UK in August !!!!!!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast