Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Control columns / Stick grips

Article about: As well as digging things up, aero jumbles and evilbay have been filling an interest in aircraft controls. WW2 items are very hard to find but jets and choppers are interesting too.

?

Default Control columns / Stick grips

As well as digging things up, aero jumbles and evilbay have been filling an interest in aircraft controls. WW2 items are very hard to find but jets and choppers are interesting too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Control columns / Stick grips   Control columns / Stick grips  

Control columns / Stick grips   Control columns / Stick grips  

What aircraft are they from? The only one I know is the fourth pic (P-38), and that's because I read it! These are neat collectibles without a doubt. Thanks for sharing.

?

Cheers Nathan, the P38 grip is pretty much two Mustang grips on a yoke, a very comfortable arrangement. The second is Harvard, like a Spitfire but not as rare! I'll leave the others for guesses!

No. 1 is an F-16 stick, No.5 is from a Bristol Blenheim, not sure about no. 3.
    A nice collection.

Cheers, Willie.

Here's mine, still attached to a GR1.

?

Spot on Willie. Now that's lovely M3, and very complete. It must be a joy to sit in! What's the danger with the wing sweep? If I'm reading the label right. The GR1 was the last RAF 'Dunlop' grip in RAF service, before the Dowty GR4 here. Grip 3 is a formation keeping stick from a B17 and probably others. I think it nudged the autopilot on long flights.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Control columns / Stick grips   Control columns / Stick grips  

The danger with the wing sweep is that one of the Hydraulic pipes is missing so if someone was to put a Hyd rig on it, we're going to see a lot of oil!

Besides that, the wings haven't moved in 13 years, although I'm sure they would without issue if the pipe was there,

Great Collection!

?

Here are a couple more, the last are repros with real gun buttons. One day...