Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller

Article about: Hello Gents! Following up on Steve's post on the DH-4 Inter-phone, here is a prop for the generator that powers the system. It has two nice UNICO decals and is stamped "15 IN. DIA."

Default DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller

Hello Gents!

Following up on Steve's post on the DH-4 Inter-phone, here is a prop for the generator that powers the system.

It has two nice UNICO decals and is stamped "15 IN. DIA." and "2-10 FT. PITCH." It also has a small square stamp with the 'Crowsfoot" (Broad Arrow) over what looks like 137 or 437. Difficult to see in the photo, but in the right light and angle definitely the Brit Crowsfoot.

I looked the DH-4 up in McNally's book by Angelucci(sp?) and he indicates 2/3rds of the British DH-4's were made in the US. If this is correct, like the Russian Mosin Nagant rifles made by Remington, the Brits may have had their own inspectors in the US plants. Just speculating...

- Best regards! Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller   DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller  

DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller  

Default Re: DH-4 Interphone Generator Propeller

Mike-

That's a fake piece. It says "Made in India".

Wait...

Oh....I was wrong...

Now that you added the close-up of the hub, it appears to say "15IN.DIA".

Only joking

That's another great piece of aviation history from your collection. What else are you hiding from us?

-Chuck

Hi Chuck!

INDIA...., Yeah, I said the same thing when I was cropping the photo. Strange how our perceptions change. A few years (well maybe more) ago that would never have crossed our minds.

Oh, there are a few things buried around here, not all Great War era though. Somewhere is a Dive Indicator gauge from a WW2 Japanese Dive Bomber. Maybe from a Val?

Best!
    - Mike

Nice shots Mike, thanks - beautiful piece. My SCR-57 would like nice married to that piece in your home...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]