Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

engine nasel off Storch or old africa corp squad car ??

Article about: Hi guys looking at buying this but a little uncertain about it The add is stating its from a Africa Corp Fi156 but im not to sure about it any help would be great, tell me what you think.

Default engine nasel off Storch or old africa corp squad car ??

Hi guys looking at buying this but a little uncertain about it
    The add is stating its from a Africa Corp Fi156 but im not to sure about it any help would be great, tell me what you think.

Default Re: engine nasel off Storch or old africa corp squad car ??

Couldn't tell you what its from at this stage but its certainly not a Storch. The leather around the top of the panel would suggest and open cockpit to me, if its from an aircraft of course. Any pics of the back?

Jason

heres one of the back hope it can ehlp with an ID, look like the side car of car door of the old VW, well that's what I was thinking.

The best I can suggest at the moment would be motorcycle side car door. Cant think of an aircraft that it would have come off of and the back looks more like a door panel than aircraft skin. Hope it helps

Jason

This piece was highlighted on here last year. If I remember correctly it was deemed likely bogus, a made up piece. From some experience of having worked on the Storch at RAF Cosford in the past, I can guarantee you it's not off one of them. Considering it's supposed to be genuine, and therefore very desirable to a serious collector, you'd think it would have sold by now....Not one for me, that's for sure.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It is too convenient how much of the swastika is on this piece IMO. ..... and its not even centered correctly in the stylized "palm tree". If it were, then only one arm would be seen and that would make it less exciting or identifiable to the observer.

I say 'Nien!!!!!!!'
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ned beat me to it.alsoI think I saw this at a militaria show last year,didn't like then either.