Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone

Article about: by Steven M Mike....ohhhhhhh yea, I remember that buy it now example. You did NOT pay too much in my opinion. I wanted to pull the trigger on it, but had funds going elsewhere at the time. I

Default Re: Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Mike....ohhhhhhh yea, I remember that buy it now example. You did NOT pay too much in my opinion. I wanted to pull the trigger on it, but had funds going elsewhere at the time. I look forward to seeing your post!
    Hi Steve -

Quick update. Prop arrived and it is quite nice. Interestingly I expected it to be US used, however it has next to the "15 IN. DIA." stamp an inspection mark consisting of a square box with a "Broad Arrow over 167." I'm taking this to mean it was Brit used.

Will post photos a bit later.

- Best, Mike

Default Re: Extremely Rare WWI Aircraft Interphone

Quote by MikeS0000 View Post
    Hi Steve -

Quick update. Prop arrived and it is quite nice. Interestingly I expected it to be US used, however it has next to the "15 IN. DIA." stamp an inspection mark consisting of a square box with a "Broad Arrow over 167." I'm taking this to mean it was Brit used.

Will post photos a bit later.

- Best, Mike
    Howdy Mike,

This setup was almost exclusively used on the DH-4 platform according to what I have read and seen in a few period photos. I know the generators to which the prop was attached, was made by General Electric, however, the prop could very well be Brit made?? If not Brit made, being an acceptance mark, that could mean that it was to be used on a Brit made plane. So, if it were to be a part of that aircraft, it would have to be approved for use by the Gov't. I look forward to seeing the photos.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3