Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F-4 Canopy

Article about: I bought this canopy at an antiques festival yesterday. I was told it's from an F-4 Phantom. Is that correct? Any more info on this would be appreciated. Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default F-4 Canopy

I bought this canopy at an antiques festival yesterday. I was told it's from an F-4 Phantom. Is that correct? Any more info on this would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F-4 Canopy  

Its not from a Phantom, Don't know what it is off, but its not a phantom. I worked on Phantoms in the 80's at HOSM and wanted a canopy as a garden cloche but they wouldn't let the scrap ones go without destroying them. I can see the lines where the MDC was so the aircraft had ejector seats but other than that I haven a clue. Look around the edge for a number, there may be a part number etched in but its a long shot.
    Cheers
    Gary

?

Default part#?

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Its not from a Phantom, Don't know what it is off, but its not a phantom. I worked on Phantoms in the 80's at HOSM and wanted a canopy as a garden cloche but they wouldn't let the scrap ones go without destroying them. I can see the lines where the MDC was so the aircraft had ejector seats but other than that I haven a clue. Look around the edge for a number, there may be a part number etched in but its a long shot.
    Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks for your response. I found 2 numbers (see photo) at both ends. Looks like 166-31804-11 over D412141 and ???-31804-B over D412135. Does this help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F-4 Canopy   F-4 Canopy  

?

OMG! You have a Jupiler beer keg lid! It's the best Belgian beer you can find!!! ;-)

?

Also got it in an auction, although I've never tried it. Thought it was cool.

?

Here's another photo looking from the inside. I learned it is not from an F-4. Someone suggested it is from a glider. It is 66" in length and 33" across. Looks like something may have been attached to the inside due to the pattern. Anybody have an idea where this canopy came from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F-4 Canopy  

?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Looks like it might be a Panther plex http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XWFAQWhz33...Canopy0001.jpg
    I think you may be right. After some research I think the lines on the canopy are a defrosting system or maybe an antenna.