Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Captured Japanese Zero

Article about: A couple more pics I found,one is on the flight line with a P-40 flying tiger behind it,the other one shows the original tail ID marking on it in the Chinese workshop.

?

Default First Captured Japanese Zero

The first Zero captured and made flyable again was not the one from Akutan island in Alaska,but was captured by the Chinese on 26th November 1941.There were two aircraft, one was a write-off, the other was repaired and made operational. If there is any interest in this post I can expand on it....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: First Captured Japanese Zero

Any images Pete?
    Would love to have a look if possible.
    The West were warned by the Chinese of Mitsubushi's little baby but took no notice of the reports to their horror a few months later.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

Please feel free to extrapolate old boy.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Pete,
    Does it relate to this at all ?
    Quote...
    However I could not simply dismiss the evidence that there may have been several Zeros used to supply parts for the Teitsan Zero Neumann rebuilt. Several of his passages struck me as corresponding with known events involving Zeros and China. Comments such as : 1) "we've got hold of a pretty good Zero captured by Chinese farmers on the Japanese-occupied beach opposite Hainan. They took it apart and dragged the pieces inland." 2) "that these planes had not been mass-produced--an important fact for our intelligence operation. Most components required filling before they finally all fit together. " 3) "We were unable to recover any original tires--which the Chinese farmers had cut up for shoe soles; "

Cheers
    Dave

?

Do Tell good man!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hi Thanatos,this is the same Zero.The tail ID on it was V-172..The Chinese disassembled it and hauled it to Liuchow,where they put it back together,they lost the panels behind the cowling and had to make new ones with vents in them unlike the originals,this is a way to ID this Zero. I will post a picture later.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks Pete,looking forward to seeing it.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

Looking forward to see Pete, interesting

?

Here`s a pic showing the hand-made cowling panels,I think I have some more pics,I will look.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Captured Japanese Zero  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The hand made panels with the slotted vertical cooling vents are quite unique, Certainly a one of a kind bird.
    Thanks for the image Pete.
    Good on ya mate
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast