Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.

Article about: Ade,i was down duxford in september and after a lot of umming and aar-ing i decided to have a flight in the Tiger Moth ,it was the full biggles set up flight jacket ,leather helmet and goggl

Default A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.

Hi Guys, a few years ago during one of my many visits to IWM Duxford we decided to take a pleasure flight in the 1943 Dragon Rapide. It was a great experience and nice to say you had flown in a genuine wartime aircraft. The aircraft is restored in it's wartime livery of the RAF Transport Command.

You can still do this today, but the cost has increased since we took a flight:

http://www.goliathres.com/res_websit...=dragon_rapide

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.   A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.  

A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.   A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.  

A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.   A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.  

?

Default Re: A flight in a wartime De Haviland Dragon Rapide.

Hi Ade , thanks for the pic`s , reminded me of when my i took my son for a flight in a rapide years ago when he was a young lad . Do you remember getting on the scales !! I`m a big lad and was made to sit at the rear as ballast to stop the front end tipping forward the rear seat was next to the door and i remember laughing to myself because the door and latch reminded me of something found on a kitchen cabinet really enjoyed the flight though , real back to basics stuff , you can see how present day airline pilots etc. really enjoy flying these older aircraft

cheers Al

Hi Al, I had forgotten about the scales! Yes, they did it to us too. I was near the back too...

Cheers, Ade.

Gentlemen! What a cool thing to do! I have allways wanted to take a spin in a Rapide but sadly whenever I was over there they weren't flying! How was the ride? I would imagine it was pretty smooth.

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Gary, yes it was a smooth ride. Much more fun than an air liner.

Cheers, Ade.

you's are all brave men

Ade !.........

All these beautiful aircraft !..............

You're not thinking of trading in the jeep, are you ? ? ?

What an incredible sense of traveling back in time this must have invoked.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Must have been fun. Best would have been if you had jumped from it

Thanks for the comments guys.

Trade the Jeep Never!

I would love to Parachute from a wartime aircraft. I have only ever jumped from a "Islander" and this was the Parachute Regt display teams aircraft back in 1996.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast