MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

French? airplaneclock

Article about: Hello everyone! Annoyed from this ads?   I bought this airplaneclock yesterday. I think its french. It marked 8 Jours Revue on the face and Regal on the back. There is also a serial nr

?

Default French? airplaneclock

Hello everyone!

I bought this airplaneclock yesterday. I think its french.
    It marked 8 Jours Revue on the face and Regul on the back.
    There is also a serial nr 3658415.

Can anyone tell me wich type(s) of aircraft this was used in?

Best regards Joakim

French? airplaneclock
    French? airplaneclock

Hi

I can tell you that the maker is a Swiss company, but have not managed to find out a lot more:

Revue Thommen is a Swiss watch brand originally founded in 1853 by Gedeon Thommen. In the early days, the production was mainly focused on wristwatches and pocket watches . Around 1920, Revue Thommen also decided to start producing instruments for the aviation industry.

You could do worse than asking at these horology websites - notably the first.
    Welcome to IHC185
    Watch Freeks

Cheers
    Tim

?

Thanks Tim! :-)

Actually Jocke, if you haven't found an answer as yet, the Company is still in business - you may wish to email them....after all, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Revue Thommen AG :: Swiss Manufacturer, Precision Instruments & Avionics, Helicopter Searchlight, HSL1600, HSL800, TSL1600

Cheers

?

Hi Tim!
    Thanks for the input, i have contacted the company that made it now as you suggested.
    They replied that it was so old that they could not tell me anything about what type of plane it was made for.
    But they could tell me that according to the serial it was made in the late 30:s or early 40:s
    That is good news for me as it probably dates it to a ww2 plane
    Please let me know if anyone anyone has an idea on how to find any additional info about it!

/Joakim