Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky

Article about: I hate it when I can't find anything when visiting flee markets! So I had a search in some old family pic's a lady was selling and came up with thise one. I am not much into planes or pic's,

Default G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky

I hate it when I can't find anything when visiting flee markets!
    So I had a search in some old family pic's a lady was selling and came up with thise one.
    I am not much into planes or pic's, so there is not realy much more I can tell here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky   G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky

Here's some info Kris. It was at one time owned or leased by the Belgian carrier Sabena based at Melsbroek, perhaps the photo was taken there? It was eventually written off in 1968 whilst being operated by the Nigerian Air Force.

Westland WS.51 Srs.2 Widgeon

Below is a pic of it at White Waltham, England. The reason i've included it is that the Fi-156 Fieseler Storch behind it is the example now at the RAF museum Cosford which I used to have the pleasure of working on some years back.

G-ALIK Westland SikorskyG-ALIK Westland Sikorsky

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: G-ALIK Westland Sikorsky

Ok, thanks, Ned!
    Much appreciated!
    Code:
    Below is a pic of it at White Waltham, England. The reason i've included it is that the Fi-156 Fiesler Storch behind it is the example now at the RAF museum Cosford which I used to have the pleasure of working on some years back
    I did find that first pic on the net; that made me identify the chopper on my foto, didn't noticed the Storch...and you ever working on that plane, makes it kind of weird....small world it is!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris