Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Handley Page Halifax

Article about: Is it possible anyone here can confirm whether these pieces might have come from a Handley Page Halifax? I originally bought these as pieces of a P-38 lighting that crashed in Gloucestershir

Default Handley Page Halifax

Is it possible anyone here can confirm whether these pieces might have come from a Handley Page Halifax? I originally bought these as pieces of a P-38 lighting that crashed in Gloucestershire. But after getting the pieces, I determined that the gear is too heavy duty for being part of a P-38 canopy. But in researching the crash of the P-38, I found out that a Halifax crashed in the same location(on a farm), so maybe the pieces were mixed up. Thanks

Handley Page HalifaxHandley Page HalifaxHandley Page HalifaxHandley Page Halifax

mjw
    ?

The EEP inspection stamp relates to: English Electric Preston. If you can find a part number starting "57" that would, I believe, indicate Halifax.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Thanks for the info. Sadly there is no "57" on either of the pieces. Only numbers stamped are on the one with EEP.

how intriguing.....I have absolutely no idea (sorry)...but from the pics I have no idea how big these things are either. May I suggest (in a totally non-critical way) the next time you post pics you include a household item (coin, lighter, ruler or the like)...

I know that if you're into this field one would know this AND that this post is more about the stamps (which are VERY clear...well done there) but....

Please please post the answer when you get it.....I'm hooked! ;-)

Here you go,

Handley Page HalifaxHandley Page HalifaxHandley Page Halifax

Jews...I'd got that wrong!...thank you so much......

EEP build Halifaxes but also Hampdens and they put the EEP stamp on them as well. So as long as you don't find the 57 number it is not 100% sure. [B]ut if a Halifax crashed nearby it is almost sure Halifax I guess

Thank you all...I've enjoyed this lot....oh, and my earlier post (#6) SHOULD'VE started "Jees".......(sorry)