Harvard training plane

Article about: Lol

?

Default Re: Harvard training plane

Lol

?

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Syrinx if you go to the Warplane museum website CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE you will have the price and the time and all the info there is a lot of plane you can get a ride out of even the Lancaster Bomber but for a juicy price . I was fortunate enough to take the place of a friend who could not go on that day .

Thanks alot Frenchy...............i am definitely going to have to check that out. I just may have to dip into the militaria fund for a ride on something

Syrinx if you ever get a ride on one of the plane make sure you take a lot of pics and post them here have fun !

The CAF wing my son is a member of obtained a Harvard II about a year ago and my son was fortunate enough to have been able to take a real nice long flight in it, just a few months ago. Making the flight even more special, they accompanied the wings C-53 back to the home field, from an air show they attended, so the kid got to get up close and personal to the C-53 in flight. I'm pretty sure I posted a thread on the flight here on the fourm someplace, I'll have to go look and add the link.

A former member of the wing also was an owner of an incredibly well restored T-6 Texan, which my son was also given an opportunity to fly in, his first flight in a big radial plane and one he will never forget.

Regards,

Russ

Russ that is great your son must have had the thrill of a lifetime in those happy for him ! would love the see the thread you made of it if you can find the link post it here for people to go back to it

Frenchy

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Russ that is great your son must have had the thrill of a lifetime in those happy for him ! would love the see the thread you made of it if you can find the link post it here for people to go back to it

Frenchy
    Frenchy,

Here is the link to the thread of my son's Harvard II flight with the C-53.......

The Cap on the Son's Great Weekend

Here is a second thread that has a photo of the Harvard II in the hanger with most of it;s left side sheet metal removed for inspection.

A Few Photos of the Kids Weekend Event

Regards,

Ruus

My wife bought me a flight in a T-28 Trojan for my birthday two years ago. It was a great experience! I let the pilot have fun and he tipped her on her wing and played dive bomber a couple of times over an area of coastal estuaries near were I lived at the time. I imagined it was the Mekong delta and the pleasure boats we saw were VC.

Russ i saw the thread and wow great pic he had the flying suit and the war time helmet pretty nice collection too
    Glenn66 you are more daredevil than me for sure .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2