Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

The He-119, a fast and unusual German aircraft

Article about: The link below provides a full report and pictures of one of the fastest aircraft of its class, but never went into production. We are talking about the Heinkel He 119. If it had been produc

Default The He-119, a fast and unusual German aircraft

The link below provides a full report and pictures of one of the fastest aircraft of its class, but never went into production. We are talking about the Heinkel He 119. If it had been produced and participated in WW2 its performance would have changed in some way the course of the war? What do you think? Click on the link below and take your own conclusions.

Avia

Best Regards.

Being a Propeller-Aircraft, it wouldn't have had any significant impact on Germany's fortunes in the war, as the future was in Jet-propulsion...Certainly an interesting and unusual design!
    cheers, Glenn

A very interesting looking aircraft!....

Reminds me a little of the legendary Bugatti 100P that was designed back in 1937 but had to be hidden in a barn when the Germans invaded France in 1940, it never flew....

..Until a few days ago that is!

Unfortunately a braking problem caused it to swing and nose over, although it's thought damage is minimal.

Here's a couple of links that are worth a look at, and a video of the tentative first test flight, 76 years after it was first intended.

The He-119, a fast and unusual German aircraft

Bringing the Bugatti 100P back to life: Bid to rebuild incredible 500mph WW2 plane that could have won Germany the war | Daily Mail Online

Looks beautiful, can't wait to see it going balls out and aerobatting when they've got it sorted!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.