Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HELP:ID digged plane parts

Article about: Thanks for clearing up the confusion on the logo Mike - I obviously haven't been paying as much attention to these small finds as I should - My most recent dig was on a Mustang and uncovered

?

Default Re: HELP:ID digged plane parts

Thanks for clearing up the confusion on the logo Mike - I obviously haven't been paying as much attention to these small finds as I should - My most recent dig was on a Mustang and uncovered dozens of Aeroquip fittings but none with a company logo - but on looking more closely I think they are all made by Deutsch under licence from Aeroquip - As you rightly say if the logo is theirs - and it certainly looks more convincing and logical than my guesses - then it could be from one of many US built aircraft As I said we need to see more parts Over to you SebFrench.

A very warm thanks to both of you,you're pros guys!!

Quote by NickW View Post
    Thanks for clearing up the confusion on the logo Mike - I obviously haven't been paying as much attention to these small finds as I should - My most recent dig was on a Mustang and uncovered dozens of Aeroquip fittings but none with a company logo - but on looking more closely I think they are all made by Deutsch under licence from Aeroquip - As you rightly say if the logo is theirs - and it certainly looks more convincing and logical than my guesses - then it could be from one of many US built aircraft As I said we need to see more parts Over to you SebFrench.
    hi, here is a pic off an aeroquip site , you can see the logo. cheers, mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is indeed the same 'Aeroquip' company logo
    seen on the dug fitting............!
    Regards,

Steve.

These are new fittings as someone stated the blue is for a hydro line, it was also high pressure as you can see form the steel braids. We paint any part that carries hydro fluid for an aircraft blue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12