Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help Identifing Two Planes...

Article about: Thanks for the additional information. I will be keeping my camera handy so next they (or the P-51) fly over my house, I will get better pictures or video. Best Regards, Mike

?

Default Help Identifing Two Planes...

We have a small airport near our home and these two planes took off from it and flew over our house last Saturday. The one on the right looks like a WWII trainer (T-6?) but I don't know what the one on the left could be. There is a guy that has a p-51 hangered there and he flies it occasionally. I love watching it.
    Sorry for the bad picture but by the time I got my camera, they were almost past the trees.

Thanks!
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifing Two Planes...  

?

Default Re: Help Identifing Two Planes...

Fairchild PT-19 perhaps?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

The one on the left looks like a YAK-52

?

The Yak 52 has a tricycle landing gear.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

The one on the right looks to have D-Day invasion stripes

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great pic taken 'on the fly' (pun intended).
    Lucky you to have a P-51 'buzzing' your house occasionally.

?

Looking at it again, the Fairchild had a two bladed prop. Depends on the shutter speed of the camera though as to what you will see in the image.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I'll have the kid look when he gets home from school.....he'll have an answer in 2 minutes, planes are his thing!

Kid says:

Left Forground - YAK 18

Right - Chinese Nanchang CJ-6 (YAK-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast