Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"

Article about: I just found this story about a team from Northrop Grumman, not too far from where I'm stationed, re-creating a Horten 2-29 using original Nazi blueprints. It's pretty interesting: "Hit

Default Re: Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I hearded they were 20 years a head of everyone else.
    But I do not know if that is true.
    That sounds about right Chris

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Very interesting. There is talk of a flying machine called Haunebu.

Among others, such as Elektrikboot, and Maustank and Landkreutzer,.

It does make me think about the technology they had and what is employed today?

?

Ho 229 was one of the great inventions of the III. Empire, I think. /beside the nightvision, the sound-cannon, and others/
    The Hanebu, Vril, and other flying saucers are very interresting. Some people say these are not real, and the plans are fakes. But I've been read about Victor Schauberger, who invented the "repulsion channel engine" in the early 30's - his machine has a saucer-like shape. And he brought by the SS... I that way I can imagine, Schauberger was stay behind the "nazi UFOs"

in one book i heard a german testimony this thing woulda topped 100 kph easy and hughes owned n flew a me262 and offered to out fly a us sabre anysday of the week

Hello-a few words-the A-bomb, 'Enigma' & the Whittle jet engine in Allied jet aircraft-Allied 'secret weapons' delivered in large numbers or to great effect when needed unlike the vast numbers of Nazi projects.

The Nazi's actually tested this plane towards the end of the war, before it on its last test flight. It worked, and was much faster than any other plane of that time.

The operative word being 'test'-no production, no fuel, no trained pilots-the chaos of German development programs and the ever worsening war situation saw to that-much of the basic research was gratefully received by the Soviets and the Western allies post war but was of little use to the Germans themselves.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Hello-a few words-the A-bomb, 'Enigma' & the Whittle jet engine in Allied jet aircraft-Allied 'secret weapons' delivered in large numbers or to great effect when needed unlike the vast numbers of Nazi projects.
    The Enigma was a Third Reich code machine.

Might you be thinking of the ten Colossus machines at Bletchley Park?

Hello-yes indeed the Enigma reference was to the successful Allied effort to decode the German cyphers, the primary site being Bletchley Park but the scheme covered a larger time/geographic area than just the Park starting with the Poles prewar etc. Allied achievements do tend to be overshadowed by the immense range of Nazi projects that never came to pass in any effective form, at least until far too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12