Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"

Article about: I just found this story about a team from Northrop Grumman, not too far from where I'm stationed, re-creating a Horten 2-29 using original Nazi blueprints. It's pretty interesting: "Hit

Default Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"

I just found this story about a team from Northrop Grumman, not too far from where I'm stationed, re-creating a Horten 2-29 using original Nazi blueprints. It's pretty interesting: "Hitler's Stealth Fighter" Re-created
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"   Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"  

Default Re: Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"

One more picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter" 

This was an amazing aircraft that incorporated a mixture of charcoal dust and wood glue over the plywood surface that actually absorbed radar instead of deflecting it.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Just think, what could have happened if these things ever took to the skys during the war?

It could have been a lot different............

Brindlereo
    ?

I watched this episode some weeks ago. The grumman designers were allowed to look at and take measurements of the real aircraft for like only an hour. Not sure why they would not have been able to test the original aircraft. After all these guys work on the countries biggest secrets at it most secure locations.

Mark

Quote by Brindlereo View Post
    I watched this episode some weeks ago. The grumman designers were allowed to look at and take measurements of the real aircraft for like only an hour. Not sure why they would not have been able to test the original aircraft. After all these guys work on the countries biggest secrets at it most secure locations.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

That seems a little odd, I wonder what the rationale was?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Just think, what could have happened if these things ever took to the skys during the war?

It could have been a lot different............

Maybe this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"  

Instead Jack Northrop developed a series of flying wings ( N-9M in picture ) in the years after the war, and today the Us air force has the B2 in its inventory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ho 2-29 "Hitler's Stealth Fighter"  
    Last edited by Karaya1; 06-30-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: forgot picture

It just goes to show how ahead of the times the Germans were !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    It just goes to show how ahead of the times the Germans were !

Nick
    I hearded they were 20 years a head of everyone else.
    But I do not know if that is true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast