Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

JU-87 Stuka Propeller?????

Article about: NEED HELP! Hello All. I have recently bought a propeller from a German Luftwaffe aircraft. It was retrieved from a cellar of a house in central Poland, near the site where German airfield us

Zeiko
    ?

Question JU-87 Stuka Propeller?????

NEED HELP! Hello All. I have recently bought a propeller from a German Luftwaffe aircraft. It was retrieved from a cellar of a house in central Poland, near the site where German airfield used to be during WWII. I would like to think it's from one of the models of Ju-87 Stuka bomber, but I cannot find any confirmation on any websites. . The total height including hub is 166,5 cm, the width 41cm. The height of the hub alone is 18cm. The numbers on the prop are 9-41279 11 and hge 21229/2. Markings on the bottom side of hub illegible. One edge reinforced with metal, snake shaped tape. Please help anyone. The exhibit is going into a museum and needs to be identified. Much appreciate any help. Pictures below.

JU-87 Stuka Propeller?????JU-87 Stuka Propeller?????JU-87 Stuka Propeller?????

Regards
    Zeiko

it look the right shape for a JU87.

I agree with Harry but lots of other German aircraft had similar shaped blades!...

Zeiko
    ?

Dear Harry and Gunny
    Thank you for your replies.
    I think now that this prop fits the later Ju-87 models D or G models.
    The Hendon Museum Stuka has the same numbers on its props, so I assume it is a Stuka prop...
    Best regards
    Zeiko