Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lancaster Bomber "Just Jane"

Article about: please see a few pics from my visit to East Kirkby in lincolnshire. I love this airfield and its tribute to WW2. It has a great museum with many relics including Luftwaffe( Junkers 88 relics

Default re: Lancaster Bomber "Just Jane"

Thanks Steve!

Still dont know why they wouldnt send!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great pics Nick!

I'm currently watching Al Murray's Road To Berlin on Discovery Knowledge (it's on all day) and he was in Just Jane with a former Lancaster pilot. Apparently it's only one of four remaining Lanc Bombers! Sad eh!

Hundreds were scrapped after the war, and some sold onto the French. A few years later - after realising how stupid selling off all the bombers was - the government bought them BACK from the French at some expense! DOH!

Lee

Lee

Madness wasnt it. We could still have more of those awesome aircraft flying around Britain if they had thought about it.

Hats off to the two farmers at East Kirby for what they have done with "Just Jane", they are hoping to get it flying soon!

Lee you should go to East Kirby its like stepping back into war time England!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post

Hats off to the two farmers at East Kirby for what they have done with "Just Jane", they are hoping to get it flying soon!

Nick
    Funny enough I was going to ask about this, as I'd heard some where from someone this very point, that they were looking at getting her air worthy after many years of just being able to taxi her about etc, so is it true?

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Nige

Yes that is the objective. Its funny when you see it taxy and its 4 merlins are roaring, you wonder why it just doesnt take off!

It would be gret to see 2 Lancs flying together at airshows!

Nick

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Thanks Steve!

Still dont know why they wouldnt send!

Nick
    My pleasure Nick. I think the problem was the size, they were in the 2400X1600 range.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12