Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The last two surviving Stukas........

Article about: As many of you know, there are only two intact Junkers Ju87 Stukas left from the Second World War. One is in the RAF Museum at Hendon, London. The other in in the Chicago Museum of Science a

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Yes, I did see U-505. Unfortunately I couldn't go on board as it was a sell out and because the visit to the museum was only agreed upon the day before, I didn't have the chance or realise it had to be booked in advance. It was sold out on the day.
    I had the same problem ,early in the morning is the best deal.
    But a great experience .
    chris

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I might have to make a road trip to Chicago some day. We can part take in some cold adult beverages and I'd love to see that civic helmet collection you have
    Some good German Beer will work and calvados.
    Do not forget my D-day collection.
    chris

Thanks for posting the pics, Adrian.

It has been many years since I saw this plane, sadly, I worked in the Loop (downtown) and didn't go to the museum even then. The kids have been there with the wife more recently but dad gets too busy funding such excursions. lol

Next time, maybe we can share a pint, Adrian.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Next time, maybe we can share a pint, Adrian.

Mark
    Definitely! The best pint I had in the U.S. was the 'Rocktoberfest' brew in The Rock Bottom bar/restaurant on West Grand Avenue!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great pics of a beautifuly menacing aircraft

Thanks Adrian!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some of my fondest childhood memories are ones of looking up at the Stuka.... It was so long ago that I remember pulling up in the parking lot and parking almost underneath the U505! I don't think that there was even a fence around it. It was just sitting up on drydock pylons and you could walk around the boat and would see the covered gangway that led into the museum. Those were the days!
    How badly damaged was the Stuka? I just now noticed that it's missing its landing gear shroud. They should fix that.

?

I was thinking that myself? only 2 left in the world & 1 is suspended from the ceiling..Not the best move I thinks????.. But still a great display & thanks for the pictures Adrian.. Cheers Terry.

Sheez, that United pilot is gonna poop his pants!
    Attached Images Attached Images The last two surviving Stukas........ 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

pics were great especially the cockpit views.

It would appear that you had a very enjoyable holiday Adrian.
    Thanks for posting all of your photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast