Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Look what flew over my house today

Article about: They fly over my house on their way to Buckingham Palace, and about 20 min latter they fly back over. When they fly over I have a couple of mins to find the news on the tv, watch them on the

Default Re: Look what flew over my house today

Man I hear that Danny. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the Lanc here in Canada fly...right over my house...and I go running outside, and stand there gawking then when it is too far away, I think...Man, I should get the camera, which would be less that 30 FEET away..and i never did

..until that day.

..One time i went to an Antique/Collectibles show in Hamilton, (where the Lanc is) in side the hangar. It was a fundraiser for the Lanc. I never thought for a second any of the aircraft woulf be there...so i never brought the camera.
    Guess what...there's the whole kit-and kaboodle. Spitfires, trainers..and of course the Lanc.
    I got to walk under it. Made me have a new respect for ground crew in those days, since the damn landing gear wheel was taller than I can reach. They would turn a slow mechanic into a tire chalk pretty damn quick..and I bet the Lanc crew wouldn't even feel the bump.

I was lucky enugh to see both fly

The interesting thing is that we are holding a memorial service and plaque unvailing for the crew of lancaster JB221 on Saturday. Danny

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4