Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Look what flew over my house today

Article about: They fly over my house on their way to Buckingham Palace, and about 20 min latter they fly back over. When they fly over I have a couple of mins to find the news on the tv, watch them on the

Default Look what flew over my house today

I am always amazed when this goes over. There is just two of these, I believe, working in the world, and I don't live too far from where this Bad Boy is in Canada.
    When it flies over, it rattles everything in my house like an alarm clock, and I rush outside to have a look. Today, I happened to have my camera right handy.
    Gentleman, the Avro Lancaster.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Look what flew over my house today   Look what flew over my house today  

Attached Images Attached Images Look what flew over my house today 

Default re: Look what flew over my house today

Hello Mate,

Yeah we've got the other one over here. I saw her last Sunday at the Cosford Airshow. Believe it or not, it is on charge as the RAF's ONLY current strategic bomber!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

it could be said that the lanc was always the one and only!!

Great pics. Would love to hear them engines overhead.
    Tom

The engines just thunder. It might compare to dump truck going through your reading room.
    I couldn't imagine what it would be like to hear 40- 50 of them go overhead. I bet a flight would be just as loud as Motorhead.

That's an awesome bird! They are very loud. I'm always amazed how small the bomb bays look in these WWII era bombers. No wonder it took so many of them at one time.

Jay

CMc
    ?

Brilliant, it's great to see old aircraft in the air where they belong, and such a fitting tribute to the men who served on them.

Well photographed
    I live on the flight path for the Queens Birthday fly-over. Sometimes she gets the Battle of Britain memorial flight, which includes the other Lancaster. I have many a time stood outside trying to get photos of these planes, but with no proper success.
    Here is a couple of photos I took for the Queens birthday this year.
    Regards, Simon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Look what flew over my house today   Look what flew over my house today  

I seriously got lucky with the pictures, Simon.
    It has flown over my house so many times now, and I stand out there in the yard with my hand shielding my eyes from the sun, watching it lazily turn huge circles of a flight path...then when it turns back north to home I say...damn I should have got the camera.
    Well...this time I had the camera. I shot about 20 pics, and these were the best.

Cool pics of Her Majesty's Birthday Fly Over. I had no idea the Queen did cool things like that.

Great big beautiful bird !

I was lucky enough to see this one fly over at a Warriors Day Parade
    in Toronto at the CNE..........Truly a unique sound.

See you Saturday, SCB !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast