Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A manned and suicide bomb

Article about: War is a time of extreme measures and no doubt one of them took shape in Fieseler Fi103. The following website brings a special report containing an amazing collection of photos of this Germ

Default A manned and suicide bomb

War is a time of extreme measures and no doubt one of them took shape in Fieseler Fi103. The following website brings a special report containing an amazing collection of photos of this German design tested by the Luftwaffe in the final years of World War II. To access the photos, visit the link below:

Avia

Best Regards!

Great photos and i bet the pilot needed ear plugs!...

Although deadly serious I find the pictures quite comical

Hanna Reitsch was one of the test pilots for this project. That's her standing on the launching ramp in the 2nd photo down.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hanna Reitsch was one of the test pilots for this project. That's her standing on the launching ramp in the 2nd photo down.
    For the movie buffs: Hanna Reitsch test-piloting the manned V1 was depicted in the 1965 movie Operation Crossbow (the part was played by Barbara Rütting):

Can you spot the obvious flaw with the canopy depicted in the movie ....