Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mesmerising NZ Mosquito Footage - The Best I've Ever Seen!!

Article about: Hi Chaps, Take a look at this air to air footage of the Mossie that was built/restored in New Zealand and first flew in 2012. It has since been sold by the original owner and had gone to Cal

Default Mesmerising NZ Mosquito Footage - The Best I've Ever Seen!!

Hi Chaps,

Take a look at this air to air footage of the Mossie that was built/restored in New Zealand and first flew in 2012. It has since been sold by the original owner and had gone to California last I heard. The low flying scenes are superb, the pilot using both hands on the stick to pull it around, showing he was obviously piling the coal on! For me this is the best footage of this superlative aircraft that has been filmed in such high definition, only the 'canned' camera shutter clicks slightly impinging on the enjoyment. But hey, I'm a fussy bugger, so enjoy it!!

Don't forget to go full screen!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Ned,

Missing a link? I can't see one.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ned,

Missing a link? I can't see one.

Michael
    Strange, I can see it. I wonder if it's because it's a Vimeo link?

Try this one, it's the same footage but 2 minutes longer, so a bit of a bonus!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I see it, great bit of film Ned!...

MAP
    ?

Still don't see in the original post but now see in the second post. Thanks Ned

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Awesome! Where can I buy one?

?

WOW, Thanks Ned, a F/B version, That's the only flying one of those I have seen the rest are all Bomber Versions.
    I find it odd that this F/B is using a column, I thought they all used the "wheel"

Dean O
    Canada

Damn near thought he was going in a few times, he seemed so close to the ground!

Nice bit of flying.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I can't get enough looking at these lovely planes. WWII planes, for me, are like comparing modern combat to the knights of old. There seems to be a distinction between the skill and finesse of swordplay vs long range rifle shooting that I believe carries over here when compared to the fire and forget missile from twenty miles away we have today. The dogfight is a lost art, and those like this plane and the P-51 etc. are relics of a time from which there is no small measure of romanticism in my book. At least in so much as war can be romanticized. In terms of aerial combat, this level of skill, tact, and even barbarity was so short lived, and perhaps just as well as far as lives are on the line. But, the 10 year old naive boy in me playing war in my back yard can still dream about what it must have been like flying off into the sunset at the controls of one of these, in the defense of ones country and against the greatest tyranny the modern world has known.

Lightbulb

Quote by CampX View Post
    I find it odd that this F/B is using a column, I thought they all used the "wheel"

Dean O
    Canada
    No - all fighters used a column with integral firing/release switches. Unarmed bomber/PR variants used the wheel ( or more accurately spectacle ) controls.

Many people are misled by the movie '633 Squadron' which used post-war bombers mocked-up to look like fighter-bombers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast