Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes

Article about: Hey guys, Going through a flea market the other week, I discovered these three pilots notes for three RAF fighters during WW2. Although two of them are post WW2, (Spitfire -Sept 1947, Mosqui

Default Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes

Hey guys,

Going through a flea market the other week, I discovered these three pilots notes for three RAF fighters during WW2. Although two of them are post WW2,
    (Spitfire -Sept 1947, Mosquito - August 1945) the Tempest pilots manual is dated July 1944, and even has the original owners signature. they all have specific data for each fighter, and several pages of illustrations of the cockpits

Cheers,
    Berthier92
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes   Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes  

Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes  

Default Re: Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes

there will be photos of the covers soon

?

Those are very useful reference sources, although yours are modern copies. Look at the bottom of the cover where it says reproduced by permission of HER Majesties stationery office. I'd love to have a full set.

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Those are very useful reference sources, although yours are modern copies. Look at the bottom of the cover where it says reproduced by permission of HER Majesties stationery office. I'd love to have a full set.
    I know it does, the dates i entered at the begining were the reprint dates, original for the mosquito was January 1944 for example :-)

Here are a few more pictures of them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes   Mid and post WW2 Pilots notes  

To Ian_,
    Sorry, what i meant was that the first page of the Spitfire book has a date 1,5,1950. isn't that 2 years before the coronation of the Queen though??

Good information in them, but they are as Ian mentions, modern reprints. I have a Horsa glider one somewhere.....

Cheers, Ade.

There are dozens of these 'Pilot's Notes' booklets to collect, all available at any RAF museum. They would cost a pretty penny to get 'em all though, 5.95GBP each!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.