Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

MiG-15 in Korean Combat

Article about: I'D SAY IT WAS AN ATTEMPT AT A ALL WEATHER MIG-15. tHE BLACK AREA ABOVE THE INTAKE IS PROBABLY A RADAR, INTERESTING MIG. YOU DIDN'T HAPPEN UPON ANY P-61'S IN YOUR JOURNEY AROUND CHINA? The M

Default Re: MiG-15 in Korean Combat

I'D SAY IT WAS AN ATTEMPT AT A ALL WEATHER MIG-15. tHE BLACK AREA ABOVE THE INTAKE IS PROBABLY A RADAR, INTERESTING MIG. YOU DIDN'T HAPPEN UPON ANY P-61'S IN YOUR JOURNEY AROUND CHINA?

The M-1 Garagnd can be found on 'Guns of America', but be willing to pay over $1000 for one, the Carbine can also be bought some of the cheaper ones $600-$700, but there was aproblem with I think it was the 'round' bolt causing the rifle to jam, so try to look for the 'flat' bolt. There Carbines were manufactured by a host of companies. I've been looking for an Enfield also, found one but it was a Jungle Carbine. The Japanese helmut I think was in the Sportsman Guide. They have a military section. I'll check back with you because I think there are some websites that offer reproductions.

?

Look at the wing,there are 3 " fences " on it,this ID`s it as a MiG-17.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The 20mm cannons weren't abundant until after the Korean War, I believe the "Sea Fury" was equipted with them at the end of the Korean War, then by the time Vietnam rolled around Except for the Crusader there were no guns on any of the fighters. Then the began to use the chain gun in 20mm gun pods.

MiG-15 in Korean CombatMiG-15 in Korean Combat
    Quote by Berlinvet70 View Post
    The 20mm cannons weren't abundant until after the Korean War, I believe the "Sea Fury" was equipted with them at the end of the Korean War, then by the time Vietnam rolled around Except for the Crusader there were no guns on any of the fighters. Then the began to use the chain gun in 20mm gun pods.
    I found 2 phoitos of F-86s with 20mm cannons. The English used cannons in both the Spitefire and Typhoon.

The .50 cal didn't do so bad in Korea, the kill ratio for the .50 cal armed F-86 was 10 to1. The chain gun was the big revolution in cannon technology.

OBKrieger- oddly enough my May issue of Gun & Ammo just came, and it compares some of the semiauto rifles that were good weapons. The M-1 Carbine was one of them, but finding an original is very difficult. Obama signed a law banning the return of all our old hardware we had sold overseas. The Carbines were sold to South Korea, so if you know of any Korean websites...but then it.s illegal to bring them into country. But Auto Ordance makes a good copy.

You are right on, a MIG-17 Fresco.MiG-15 in Korean CombatMiG-15 in Korean Combat

I'D SAY IT WAS AN ATTEMPT AT A ALL WEATHER MIG-15. tHE BLACK AREA ABOVE THE INTAKE IS PROBABLY A RADAR, INTERESTING MIG. YOU DIDN'T HAPPEN UPON ANY P-61'S IN YOUR JOURNEY AROUND CHINA?

The M-1 Garagnd can be found on 'Guns of America', but be willing to pay over $1000 for one, the Carbine can also be bought some of the cheaper ones $600-$700, but there was aproblem with I think it was the 'round' bolt causing the rifle to jam, so try to look for the 'flat' bolt. There Carbines were manufactured by a host of companies. I've been looking for an Enfield also, found one but it was a Jungle Carbine. The Japanese helmut I think was in the Sportsman Guide. They have a military section. I'll check back with you because I think there are some websites that offer reproductions.
    No other planes, sorry. :/

MiG-15 in Korean CombatMiG-15 in Korean Combat

I found 2 phoitos of F-86s with 20mm cannons. The English used cannons in both the Spitefire and Typhoon.
    The Australian built Avon Sabre I posted carried 30mm Aden cannons.
    Hispano and Mauser 20mm cannons were used by a large number of Euro fighter airframes during WW2,from Spit's to Hurricanes,Fw 190,s t0 BF109's. The Japanese used the Ho-5 20mm in their airframes and the Soviets the ShVAK 20mm.
    By 1945 the 20mm was the standard for fighter armament and the only country not to fully embrace them during this period was the US.The exceptions in fighter types were the cannon armed P 38 and P 39.
    all the best
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 03-29-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: added text

?

I found it interesting how the Japanese basically scaled up the Browning to 20mm. There is a great display in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, I probably still have pictures of it somewhere.
    Regards,
    John

?

Here`s a model I made of the MiG from wood,it`s in 1:24 scale with a 15" wing span.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MiG-15 in Korean Combat   MiG-15 in Korean Combat  

MiG-15 in Korean Combat   MiG-15 in Korean Combat  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast