Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt

Article about: I really have no idea where to post this thread so I'll just go with this one. I have been researching my great uncle who was shot down and killed over France in July, 1944 and I think I fou

Default My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt

I really have no idea where to post this thread so I'll just go with this one. I have been researching my great uncle who was shot down and killed over France in July, 1944 and I think I found a P-47 that is pretty close to the one he flew. This particular fighter is from the same fighter group (358th) and has the orange tail that all of the aircraft in my great uncles squadron had.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt   My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt  

My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt   My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt  

My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt   My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt  

My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt  

?

Default re: My great uncles airplane: P47 Thunderbolt

Ahhhh...a Thunderbolt pilot, very cool. The workhorse of the army air corps back in it's day. Wish ya luck in your research. Thanks for posting.