Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need Help! Stuka Propeller ??

Article about: Hi Carfin, Regarding the propeller for a Ju87 Stuka, They were the Junkers VS5, a broad chord prop that was designed to stop the engine over running in the bombing dive. The already mentione

Default Re: Need Help! Stuka Propeller ??

Hi Carfin,

Regarding the propeller for a Ju87 Stuka, They were the Junkers VS5, a broad chord prop that was designed to stop the engine over running in the bombing dive. The already mentioned VS10 on the 190 D9-13 was designed for rapid acceleration as was the VS11 type that was fitted to the Ju88G series. That's all I know about Junkers props, hope it helps.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,

Yes it helps.
    Thank you very much.
    Regards.
    Carfin.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Here you go Carfin.
    Very good match there Ned and im inclined to agree with you there. Early stuka props were slightly different to later models as i did have part of a prop blade, spinner cap, prop balance weight and prop hub from a JU87 shot down over Russian in 41. Its all gone now sadly so cant post up any pics-good thread this though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12